The mission of Santa Cruz Catholic School is to teach students to love God, self, and others, serve as a Christian community, and develop to their full potential.
The Immaculate Heart Sisters established Santa Cruz School in 1919. In 1954, a new school was built, starting with four classrooms. An additional four classrooms were added in 1955. At this time the Sisters of the Holy Cross staffed the school and did so until 1972. Between 1972 and 1987, the Adrian Dominican Sisters provided leadership for the school. A completely lay staff worked with students until 2002, when the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity of Manitowoc, WI served the Santa Cruz community. In 2010, Santa Cruz Catholic School entered a partnership with the University of Notre Dame’s Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) to become a Notre Dame ACE Academy. The partnership focuses on emphasizing the best practices in the areas of school culture, academic rigor, and sustainable financial practices. Santa Cruz Catholic School, a Notre Dame ACE Academy, is committed to providing a Catholic education of the highest quality to as many children as possible. Currently Santa Cruz Catholic School, a Notre Dame ACE Academy, serves over 230 students, with both lay and religious teachers.