At Santa Cruz we teach the Catholic faith in all grades and provide sacrament preparation for First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation. Students also participate in weekly school liturgies where they have the opportunity to serve as lectors, gift bearers, and altar servers.
Our goals for all of our students are: COLLEGE and HEAVEN
God in All Things
Making God Known, Loved and Served
We are a family united in Christ.
We are always learning.
Where there is a willing community, there is always a way to success.
SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
- SEEK – to be an ACTIVE CHRISTIAN
- Is a person of prayer who participates in a variety of prayer forms, including personal, liturgical, sacramental and Scriptural prayer
- Visibly participates in school prayer activities
- Exhibits a knowledge of and reverence for the basic teachings of the Catholic Church
- PERSIST – in being a MOTIVATED LEARNER
- Sets realistic goals and works to achieve them
- Is prepared with materials and assignments
- Does neat and orderly work
- Participates in learning opportunities, such as music, sports, art, extra-curricular literary programs
- EXCEL – as a RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN
- Works toward justice and peace
- Adheres to the school’s behavior expectations
- Remains aware of current events, world affairs and history, as well as their effect on life
- LOVE – because GOD LOVES ME
- Respects life and all of God’s creation
- Treats others and all property with respect
- Maintains good order in personal space
- Conserves resources and materials
- SERVE - as a member of a CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY
- Provides service to others
- Actively participates in school sponsored service activities
- Sees needs and responds to them in a positive manner