Parents, do you know that the ones who benefit the most from your volunteer efforts are your children? In fact, it is an extension of the education they are receiving at Santa Cruz and research shows that:
...family engagement promotes student success. Students with involved parents are more likely to earn higher grades, pass their classes, attend school regularly, have better social skills, and go on to post-secondary education. Family engagement in children's education allows kids to perform better in school, and navigate more easily some of the challenges of growing up, such as bullying. (National PTA, http://www.pta.org/programs/)
There are many opportunities to volunteer at Santa Cruz Catholic School:
- Join a fundraising committee or volunteer hours to work at one of our events below
- Halloween Carnival (October) – Claudia Teran
- Breakfast with Santa (December) - Carmen Rios
- Car Show (March) - Andrea Pesqueira
- Golf Tournament (April) - Frank Gaxiola
- Fiesta (May) - Becky Lujan and Tony Reis
This year, all of the proceeds collected from each of our fundraising efforts will used to support our La Cocina Fund.
- Another way you can receive parent participation hours is by donating goods to the school. For every $5.00 you spend, you can receive 1 hour of parent participation. You must submit your receipt(s) along with your parent participation log sheet to the front office. Items that are always needed are:
- Reams of copy paper
- Paper towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Clorox disinfecting wipes
- Healthy snacks (for 30 or more students)
If you are a community member that would like to volunteer, please contact our front office at (520) 624-2093.
Per Diocesan policy, parents/guardians can not volunteer or attend field frips without a current background check and fingerprints on file. Please contact our school office for more information, 520-624-2093, and classroom teachers for volunteer opportunities.